This has been a transformative experience!Antonio Pares, Principal, Mithun
It was wonderful to be a part of such intensive thinking…it’s like seeing light beams cut through fog.Ray Mann, Principal, RK Studio Architecture
We have started a group that can really make a quantum leap difference on this planet…I look forward to what we all create together.Alastair Rendall, Director, ARG Design
The quality of being and presence that you 3 tutors brought to our sessions was a learning in itself.Isabel Carlisle, Education Coordinator, Transition Network
I went seeking motivation but instead when I came back a transformation started unfolding within me. I sense a big change.Bernard Lamm, Principal, Common Ground
I truly feel this was a turning point in my personal and professional development.Brian Falcon, ARCUS Design Group
Though I am only beginning to grasp the enormity of this work, it is already of benefit to me…it will help me explain my own work in a new way as well as help me think through future projects in a mindful way.Judy Wicks, founder, White Dog Enterprises
The Regenerative Practitioner Series
We are currently enrolling a European cohort (who will gather in Majorca, Spain) that begins on August 28. If you’re interested in registering for this cohort, you can learn more about the course below or go to the registration page! If you would like to be notified when registration opens for the 2018 cohorts in North America and New Zealand, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Regenerative Practitioner is a distance-learning seminar series for practitioners interested in integrating regenerative development into their practice.
There has been a groundswelling of interest in regenerative design and development in recent years, and powerful and important creative work is being done on design techniques and technologies to that end.
This series is not about learning about techniques and technologies.
It is about learning how to become a transformative agent for growing the capacity of social and ecological systems to work in harmony with one another to create greater resilience and abundance.
Do the following statements describe you?
- You often see bigger potential than is being realized on the projects you’re involved in but haven’t found the words or the approach to help your clients see and align with that potential from the outset.
- You know that sustainability will never accomplish what it needs to accomplish if we can’t change our culture and the way we work, but it’s not clear how to leverage project opportunities towards this end,
- Your work is important and meaningful to you, but you still feel the drive to learn and develop along a path so that your work and the essence of “who you are” become further and further integrated.
- You are successful and have a track record of accomplishment in your field, and yet as you develop you continually see possibilities beyond the level that you are currently able to realize.
- You are itching to start taking clients to the next level but want to make sure you don’t lose ground in terms of your (or your business’) profitability and viability in the field.
If so, you may be a good candidate for the series.
What material does the series cover?
The series is structured around a systemic framework that has been drawn from and tested through decades of working on Regenerative Development projects with a broad range of clients, developers, and communities all over the world. The framework integrates four core elements that enable regenerative thinking and working across the nested systems in which we work.
The learning outcomes of the series are as follows:
- Greater ability to assess design and development practices for their regenerative potential
- Increased capacity to manage complexity as a means to deliver greater value to your clients and community
- A basis of understanding of the regenerative development framework and an ability to use it to keep you growing, personally and professionally
- New ways to create alignment between your actions and your values
- Strategies for growing a successful regenerative practice
- Participation in a collaborative learning community of peers and colleagues who share your commitment to creating profoundly innovative work in service to a healthier world.
How does the series work?
The series includes:
- A virtual “meetup” where participants can begin to get to know each other and share their motivation for participating in the series;
- Eight distance learning (videoconference) sessions of 120 minutes each, scheduled over a three-month period;
- A three-day, in-person intensive workshop*;
- A final, two-hour session after the intensive; and
- Two hours of coaching (delivered to practitioners in small groups) with Regenesis instructors.
The videoconference sessions include preparatory reading assignments and exercises. The sessions themselves combine live instruction with open group dialogue and one-on-one “fishbowl” time, where a single participant works with our instructors to explore a project they are actually working on as a way of bringing the frameworks to life for the entire group.
The series will have a limited number of participants, so that everyone has the option to engage around his or her work. You will find that watching others being engaged generates new insights relevant to your own work. The sessions are recorded and made available for download, so you never miss anything.
Is the course right for you?
For interested candidates, there are two considerations that may help you assess whether this series is appropriate for you.
First, this is not a theoretical experience. It’s for people who wish to actively develop new thinking that they can apply to the real world. You will be working to apply the concepts and frameworks to a project that you have a real connection to.
Second, you need to be committed to working on yourself and growing who you are, since this is work that requires us to transform ourselves. Since you’ll be applying what you’re learning in the real world, engaging with real colleagues and clients and stakeholders, it isn’t just an academic exercise. It matters very much that you develop your own capacity so you can come through for them.
The registration deadline for the 2017 European cohort is July 28, 2017. We have a limited number of seats, and enrollment will be granted on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in participating in the series and you feel like you meet the criteria described above, please continue on to our registration page and, once we receive your registration form, we’ll contact you with next steps.
Tuition for the European cohort is €2250, not including travel, meals, or accommodations. You may pay in full or via a six-month payment plan.
We offer 50% scholarships to practitioners who are doing community or education work and practitioners who are just starting out in their careers. When you fill out the registration form you will be given the option to indicate that you are requesting a scholarship.
The intensive for the European cohort will be held at the Lluc Sanctuary in Majorca, Spain. Participants will be able to purchase a package that includes meals and accommodations via our local hosts, for €425 separate from the tuition fee. Transportation to and from the airport will also be available for a separate €25.
Schedule for 2017 Series
The schedule for the European cohort is as follows:
Meetup: Monday, August 28 from 5:00 – 7:00 pm CEST
Sessions: Thursdays from 5:00 – 7:00 pm CEST: August 31, September 7, September 14, September 21, September 28, October 5, October 12, and October 19.
Intensive: November 2 – 6. We meet for 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm dinner on Thursday Nov 2, and from 9:30am to 6:30pm with a lunch break on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Participants will share breakfast together the morning of Monday, November 6 before departing.
Final Session: Thursday, November 16 from 5:00 – 7:00 pm CEST.
Ready to sign up?
Please visit our registration page, where we explain the registration process in detail. You’ll then fill out an online form where you can tell us a bit about your work and, if you wish, apply for a partial scholarship.
If you have questions about whether or not the course is right for you, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.