Bill Reed, AIA, LEED
Bill is an internationally recognized planning consultant, design process facilitator, lecturer, teacher, and author in sustainability and regeneration. He is a principal of Regenesis, Inc. – a regenerative design, living systems integrator, and education organization. His work centers on creating the framework for and managing an integrative, whole and living system design process. This work is known as Regenerative Development. The objective: to improve the overall quality of the physical, social and spiritual life of our living places and therefore the planet. The more immediate benefits of this process include higher efficiency, lower costs, reduced waste, faster time to market, and the realization of exponential value to the social, ecological, financial and human qualities of a project, the community and its ecosystem.
An author of many technical articles and contributor to multiple books including co-authorship of the seminal work, “Integrative Design Guide to Green Building”; he is a founding Board of Director of the US Green Building Council and one of the co-founders of the LEED Green Building Rating System. In addition to being considered one of the leading thinkers in this field, Bill has also consulted on over two hundred green design commissions – buildings and city master plans. He is also a keynote speaker at major building and design events as well as a guest lecturer to universities throughout Europe, North America, and Oceania including Harvard, MIT, Princeton, and UPenn.
- Founding Board Member: US Green Building Council
- Co-founder of the LEED Green Building Rating System
- Co-chair of the LEED Technical Committee1994 through 2003
- Co-author of the book: The Integrative Design Guide to Green Building: redefining the practice of sustainability
- Served on the national executive committee of the AIA Committee On The Environment
- Founding Chair of the ANSI Committee on Whole System Integration
- Advisory Board – Environmental Building News
- Consulting for hundreds of Green and Regenerative Projects throughout the world
- Keynote Addresses and workshops at hundreds of conferences throughout the world